Got something interesting to contribute? Please contact any of the QEST representatives below and share with us how we can better support you.
The QEST 2021-22 committee
|President||Nikki Bradford||Pittsworth SHS|
|Vice President||Sharon Hunter||Victoria Point SHS|
|Secretary||Sharon O'Keeffe||Lockyer District SHS
|Treasurer||Jennifer Walters||Bowen SHS|
|Membership Coordinator||Jacqui Burton||Cavendish Road SHS|
|LabLINK Editor||Sharon Hunter||Lockyer District SHS|
|LabLINK Subcommittee||Sandra Lewis|
Palm Beach Currumbin SHS
|Social Media Coordinator||Nikki Bradford|
assisted by Social Media team: Annette Gregory, Christine Forrestal, Jenny Walters and Sharon Hunter
|Webmaster||Annette Gregory||Ignatius Park College Townsville|
|YouTube Administrator||Christine Forrestal||Springfield Central SHS|
|Regional Coordinator||Megan Seymour||Bremer SHS|
|Regional Representatives||DD: Linda Adamson|
NQ: Annette Gregory
WM: Megan Seymour
|Toowoomba Grammar School
Ignatius Park Colleg Townsville
|ConQEST 2022 Coordinator||Nikki Bradford||Pitsworth SHS|
|ConQEST 2022 subcommittee||vacant positions (unlimited)|
|SETA Representatives||Wendy Shearer|
|Mango Hill SSC
|General Committee||Sandra Lewis||Bremer SHS|
QEST representatives are elected by the membership at the Annual General Meeting, usually held during ConQEST. All QEST members are eligible to become a representative, however only full members may hold executive positions and have voting rights. QEST’s core business is to:
- communicate to members through the quarterly LabLINK newsletter,
- organise professional development and job specific training through the annual ConQEST conference, and
- liaise with various government and industry interest groups to represent and advocate for the views and needs of the membership.
Currently some of these tasks are delegated to subcommittees, who report back to the Executive representatives. Meetings are held via teleconference at least once every two months. All QEST members are invited to participate in the meetings and bring forward their ideas and thoughts.
Some of the ways in which members can actively contribute are by:
- providing a channel for communication between regional groups and QEST;
- assisting with organising regional PD for areas that don’t have a functioning regional network through QEST;
- reaching out to schools who either do not have a Laboratory Technicians or whose Laboratory Technicians are not aware of our current state networks – QEST needs ideas as to how to contact these people.
- communicating industrial issues for either independent or state school that can be collectively put to our employer via unions through QEST;
- writing or sourcing articles for reprint in LabLINK;
- collating links to online resources, like iBooks, YouTube channels, websites, news articles that can be shared through LabLINK;
- producing videos;
- presenting at OR putting forward workshop suggestions at ConQEST;
- bringing hot topics to the attention of the Management committee for further investigation and guidance from authoritative bodies.
Got something interesting to contribute? Please contact us and share with us how we can better support you.